Choosing the right wig for you if you suffer from thinning hair or hair loss depends on various factors, such as the look you are aiming for and, of course, the price you would like to pay.
Whilst synthetic wigs may at first view seem like a more affordable option, you need to take into account its durability or indeed how frequently you want to change your style.
Below are some points to consider when comparing the two types:
Human Hair Wigs
• As the hair is from human sources, the wig will always look more natural.
• The hair can be heat styled thus allowing a variety of looks.
• Each individual hair is chemically treated before the wig is created, making them much more durable than even natural hair.
• Hair can be coloured to match your natural hair and skin tone.
• Wigs made from man-made hairs are easier to manufacture and are therefore cheaper.
• The less you spend, the less the wig will resemble human hair.
• Synthetic hairs do retain their shape better after washing – human hair wigs need restyling after washing, just like growing hair.
• Synthetic wigs cannot be heat styled or change colour and so will remain as they have been produced by the factory.